Tuesday, October 21, 2008

training!!

So everything is going pretty well here... it feels like these past weeks are flying by. I am still training, getting ready to go on spike and going to many in-depth classes. Some of the classes are hard to remain awake for though! We had a training today on media representation- what to say if a reporter wants to interview you. We've also had classes on how to have a healthy living style, and how to handle different situations when they arise, all in preparation for going on spike.
We are going to find out who is on our permanent teams this Friday! I am starting to get a little nervous because those are the people I will be spending the rest of my ten months with. We will most likely be going down to the Gulf Coast. Many teams will be placed in Texas for Hurricane Ike work and a lot will be stationed in Louisiana for Hurricane Katrina.
I have heard that we are going hiking in the Rocky Mountains in a couple of days with my unit, so that should be pretty amazing. I am going to go to Boulder this weekend with some friends, so I will get to see some more of Colorado.

No comments: